Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ceramic Planters

I've been trying out recipes that call for fresh ingredients, mostly fresh herbs. They can get expensive to buy at the store. So I decided to grow my own indoors. However, all I had to grow them in were so small ceramic cups that I made for glaze experimenting.


One problem with the cups is they don't have drainage holes and that makes it easy to drown the seeds in soggy soil. After checking out some planters in the store I decided I would make my own.

One type of planter that caught my attention was the wire basket lined with moss. It got me thinking about how I could throw a pot on the wheel and cut out openings that would have moss poking through.


I decided the openings should add a decorative quality to the pot. So why not try both words and images. I've like the shape of a heart and the word "love" would make a perfect compliment. And of course it needed a cute little saucer to catch draining water.

No comments:

Post a Comment